Harley

Harley
Harley likes to help out, especially with digging.

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Painting and installing used LG washer and dryer pedestals.

This post describes fixing up used LG washer and dryer pedestals and installing them without heavy lifting.

I purchased these used LG washer and dryer pedestals but they were the wrong color for the existing washer and dryer.  


I removed all brackets.


Lightly sanded the existing paint improved adhesion; also cleaned the surfaces prior to painting. I used a couple of cans of metallic spray paint.


I braced poles against the walls.


I cut a piece of Unistrut to fit inside the walls.


I added screws to stabilize the Unistrut.


A scrap piece of Unistrut made a fair spreader bar; the ratchet straps aided leveling


With the appliances raised, clean up of the undersides and floor with a broom and mop was easy.


This shows a pedestal installed under the washer.


I used similar rigging for the lighter dryer.


This shows the dryer with pedestal installed.


I leveled front to back and side to side.  


This is the finished set. ~Chuck



1 comment: